Friday, March 14, 2008

#9 Stuff I Can't Help But Ask For

Here is a blog entry with a few things that I admit aren't really needs, but boy-howdy, would they be nice to have!!

Rob and I went out to our fall mushroom hunting grounds this last weekend to see it in the spring. For now it's still mostly under snow! We saw some fungus, but nothing we'd want to eat. We did see a couple of guys going for a hike, each one with their own child and their own child carrier! One was a Kelty Child Carrier and the other was an REI version. I have to say that the Kelty was PIMP! It has a sun/rain hood that in Washington is more of a rain hood! When you start looking at accessories, they have little stirrups so Baby has something to put their feet on (so cute!!) and a bug net to protect from all those pesky little mosquitoes (and deer flies when we travel)!

Talk about carrying a child in a back pack, have you ever noticed those little gaps caused when pants ride up on kids and their little ankles and calves are exposed to the elements? That's where BabyLegs come in! They are so cute and functional! The testimonials on the site, make me want a pair for myself! In fact I don't think they really fit into the title of this blog, as the more I think about it the more I start to consider it a need! (So, I went back to Blog 6 and inserted it near the clothing topic!)

Then of course there's the yoga classes that I'd love to take, I can even take baby with me after it's born! I've taken yoga before for a short time, I ran out of money long before I ran out of interest, but I could tell that I benefited from even that short time that I did it! I think it'd be a great thing to do for exercise to prepare for baby and then after too!

I've been going to the sites of the advertisers in Mothering magazine, boy, oh, boy! I've added a few other things that would make lovely comfort gifts to MyRegistry. Earth Mama Angel Baby is full of lovely comfort things, Natural Nipple Butter sounds sooo goooood! I've actually started a registry at the site so I don't have to list everything I'm interest in on MyRegistry. I've also used the sites in Mothering, on MyRegistry as examples for clothing and toys that I like and approve of!

I've also started a wish list on Amazon.com under my name and/or e-mail, with a few hints to make sure you know it's me! There are a few parenting books, but then there are more books that are about food and consumerism that I think will help me be a better person and a better parent, we'll see!

This will be one blog that I anticipate updating with some frequency!

No comments: