Sunday, May 4, 2008

#12 Photography and Postpartum Doula

I admit that while I'm not a fan of my body when not covered in clothing, I would like to document the experience of pregnancy through photography. I do have plans to have someone (?) belly cast me, but I'd love a beautiful photograph. Something by a professional who knows how to airbrush blemishes and stretch marks and use lighting to my full advantage!! I go from feeling like a goddess; creating life, powerful, beautiful, sexy, and strong, to feeling like I have no control over my emotions, body, life, or home, feeling fat and awkward, and with no job, I feel like I have to ask permission to buy necessities that Husband doesn't think of (he doesn't want me to feel like I need permission and has recently given me a bit of money to spend as I need to!). I just want to document my beautiful, sexy, pregnant body and eventually forget about all the other crap! (I also want Daddy included in the photo shoot.) I've decided to ask for it as a gift, because we just can't afford it ourselves - it doesn't make the list of "need". I googled "pregnancy photography tacoma" and "maternity photography tacoma". I found some really impressive stuff between Seattle/(article about phgrphr) and Olympia. One in Tacoma, but I'm not sure if she does the touch ups that I'll need, Lakewood, no listing of packages or prices, another near me, more affordable. Of course, if this is gifted then I'll go where I get! (note: there are 6 sites linked here) I would like to ask that if you decide to gift a photo shoot, that: touch ups are available, there is a studio, and maybe that the photographer has experience with plus size models.

The other thing that I want, especially reflecting on the last blog entry is a postpartum doula. My friend Amy has a friend, Debbie, that I re-met recently, who, I believe, knows about the circumstances of my Mom, so might give us a friend/sympathy discount, don't really know, but I think I might follow up soon and update this entry later with more info on that! (long sentence!!) This is also a splurge and we probably wont be spending our own money on this, so it goes strictly on the gift list!

No comments: