Friday, May 23, 2008

#13 Confirmations and Good Stuff

I talked with Aunt SW, today. She wholeheartedly agreed to stay with us for a few days after the baby is born to help out!! What a relief!!!!!!! I know others will be by to help, but she's the only one that will be able to stay to help. Of course I just thought of my mother-in-law, who, if able, will stay too, but she's got a work schedule and I'll take her when I can get her, like a second shift, this will give her some time to make arrangements with work and such! I think that will cover the postpartum doula need!

I just heard that the high-chair funds have been raised by a group of Rob's co-workers, yeah!! I'm really excited! It's a great chair and has a long future with us as it adjusts to hold an adult up to 250#s, when not being used for a child!

I saw my good friends L. and B., and their 3 beautiful children today!! It's been far too long. Their littlest, 7 month old V. seemed to like me from the get go, even though she shies away from her own Gramma and she'd never met me, so that felt great!!! Then L. gifted me their little used play yard and a tank top! It's been a good day! Also, B. still works with a number of people that I miss and hope to reconnect with. He was telling me who he still has contact with and I got all excited, because when I think of the good friends that I have lost contact with, so many of them are from Borders, where I worked with B. and L. and these others. Sometimes, I'm glad the world is as small as it is!

I spoke with Dr. P about traveling to my family reunion in July, she said that as long as I was healthy and not dilated, that it wouldn't be a problem. She likes to encourage family things and even seemed excited for me! I spoke with her about a water birth and laboring in the birth tub, she was supportive of that too! Love it!!!

Last weekend we had a little impromptu yard sale of my mom's stuff. We made about $75. I plan on putting the money in a savings account for the baby, or if we need it for something for the baby, it'll be considered a gift from Gramma MW. My Aunt S. and my friend A. came over and helped put everything out in the yard and A. was able to stay and help put stuff away, the next day the Salvation Army came and picked up most of the left overs. Pretty much all I have left is the stuff that I didn't want to give the SA and her clothes. Aunt S is coming over again tomorrow to help shift stuff and get things sorted for "future actions"! I meant to ask Aunt SW if she wanted to come over too, maybe I'll call her in the morning! While the upstairs still looks like a disaster, we're making progress down stairs and it's only a matter of time before the upstairs is affected as we do the "mighty shift of stuff"! This blog helps keep the progress obvious!

As hard of a time that I've had emotionally these last few weeks, there are these good things and I just have to remember to focus on these things!

No comments: